Spine Surgery From MXN$90,000
The spine is our central support system. It has several functions, such as protecting the spinal cord, connecting the muscles of the back and the ribs, and giving us flexibility on the superior part. The intervertebral discs receive the impact from activities like walking or jumping.
Ailments to treat with surgery:
Considering what elements and diseases are, there would be several options for procedures. If conservative treatment has not improved the ability to walk or if the patient has continuous pain in the back, instability, or pain spreading to the arms or legs.
Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
Spondylitis (spinal osteoarthritis)
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Low Back Pain
Benefits from surgical treatment:
Restoration of the vertebral column
Option for Minimally-invasive procedures
Great doctor - Very happy with this doctor. He speaks English and is very knowledgeable. A good sense of humor and is very prompt.
Dr. Héctor González
Orthopedic and Trauma Surgeon
Certified by the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and TraumatologyMeet me
Surgical solutions in Puerto Vallarta and Bahía de Banderas
Frequently asked questions
- Should I try visiting the chiropractor or doing alternative therapies instead of the surgery?
I would not recommend it. It is indispensable to consult a medical specialist in the musculoskeletal system to prevent the risk of irreversible damage.
- Does the spine surgery require hospitalization?
The spine surgery has an approximate duration of 2 to 4 hours. Only one night of hospitalization is required.
- How long will I be bedridden?
You won’t! The ideal scenario is that a day after, you can get out of bed and start walking with assistance.
- When will I be fully recovered from my spine surgery?
Recovery usually takes a couple of months. Depending on the surgery and your activities, you could start getting back to them.
- Could I avoid the surgery for a herniated disc?
Sometimes physiotherapy is indicated at the beginning of the symptoms. You can think of a conservative treatment if it is not a severe lesson. If the symptoms worsen and continue, surgery is the only option.
- Do I need a transfuse?
90% of the cases do not require it. If needed, we would know in advance and choose a safe hospital to do it with a blood bank.
- What habits could worsen the ailment?
To smoke, carry heavy objects, and be overweight.
Terms and conditions
- The base price shown on this page is for Herniated disc (MXN $90,000).
- The price includes the operating room rent, doctor fees, and surgical instruments.
- The prices shown on this page are in Mexican pesos and include taxes (IVA). The conversion may be done with the current exchange rate.
- The budget will be clarified and consented with the patient accordingly.